Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Business of Brewing...The Making of the T-Bridge Coffeehouse

This has been a whirlwind week.  Last Friday, I signed the lease for the T-Bridge Coffeehouse.  Now I will be working to get it cleaned up on the inside.  Flooring, Walls, Windows, and Ceilings are at the forefront of the activities.  Once these projects are complete there will be the contractors' build out of the espresso bar, multiple sinks installed, all involving plumbing and electrical work.  Tricky in a building built in 1884!  The place will need to be furnished and decorated and achieve proper lighting to create my vision of what the T-Bridge Coffeehouse should look like.  Of course then comes hiring baristas, etc and training them to standards.  It is important to me to have consistency in every cup.  I am looking to outsource all food products.  Preferably from vendors who prepare specialty baked goods and other food products here locally.  All the equipment will have to be purchard, leased, borrowed or stolen (jk) and installed.  So, as you can see there is a lot to be done and all of these endeavors take time, money, and people passionate about what they are doing.!  I hope to have this project complete and business underway, God willing, by the fall semester.  It would be great to be able to get going sooner, but I think that is realistic.  I have waiting so long for this, and I want to make sure that I give it 100% and create the best independent coffeehouse in the Upstate!  Let the journey begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment